Kenmare

Kenmare

Postby Oges » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey, just looking to find out who is actually signed up to Kenmare this year. I've registered and have heard Shane Scadding and Tom Casey are both racing but I've heard a lot of others are not.
I want to get an idea of numbers and see what's the story with accomodation as I've heard it's not been organised for other national series events so far this year. Is this the same for kenmare or is it pre booked as usual?
Please let me know as soon as possible as I know Shane and Tom both have campers which would leave me having to organise my own accomodation by the looks of it!
Cheers
Oges

Re: Kenmare

Postby Slatts » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 am

Martin Flynn, Shane McDonagh, Norma & Ann are also doing it. Norma has offered to sort out houses once we know the final figure so hopefully folks will come back quickly.

Wont be half as many as normal though :cry:

Just on a side note (and to put the chairmans hat on while I still have it!)- the club never officially organised accommodation to races (national series or otherwise), Norma and / or Helen did it off their own bat, the club may have put up the money or subsidised it a small bit to prevent any one getting stuck with a bill but like I say it was individuals doing everyone else a favour rather than anything else. (I got stung with organising it myself in Kilkee one year and its a pain in the arse)

On a general note it would be great if people would throw a few ideas out there about freshening up races / training / anything else, as we could probably do with having a good discussion about it. Most of the committee's time has been taken up with the race this year so a lot of other stuff that needs to be looked after had to be put to one side as there was just no one to do it

I realise a forum post about houses in Kenmare isn't the place to discuss this so I put a proper notice out later!!!!! In the mean time if anyone wants to call me about what we need to do please don't hesitate (new phone number - 086 2486596)
Slatts

Re: Kenmare

Postby murty » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Shane and myself are sorted,
murty

Return to Chat