Sunday Spins

Re: Sunday Spins

Postby Helly » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:31 pm

I was nearly late for the spin today as Hayden decided to puke up his full weekabix breakfast on the carpet in the middle of coughing! I didn't have much time to help Shane clear it up :) . It was great to see so many at the garage on such a fabulous day. After breaking into our 2 groups, I was surprised that we had 10 in our group. Myself, Michael Carroll, Katie Ryan, Rachel, Ger Nolan, Paul McManus and his son Ryan, and 3 new girls to the spin, Sinead, Breda and Cathy.
We played it safe again today and decided to the the Orchardstown to Tramore to Waterford loop with the option of doubling back from Waterford to Tramore and back again at the end for anyone who wanted to add on extra miles.
We headed off at a brisk enough pace, chatting away until the hills at orchardstown and then regrouped at the top. Decky Harte & Ray Power and a few of the Biscuit Club caught us up along this road and we all stayed together until we hit Tramore. (Actually we spotted them behind us and waited for them ;) )
When we got back to Ballindud Roundabout we all decided to head back out to Tramore again for the extra miles (except Rachel who had a long spin back to her house from there anyway). The 3 boys (Paul, Ryan & Ger) decided to stretch their legs and took off which left the rest of us to have a leisurely chat. (Sinead & Cathy both did the Mint race last year as part of teams but both have now entered the Hook or by Crook race this year with Breda planning on making her debut at the Mint ladies race)
It was great to see so many runners and cyclists on the Tramore road. Felt like we were shouting Hello every few minutes to someone we knew.
Total distance 40k, with average speed 21kph.
I won't be there next Sunday but Sinead, Cathy and Breda have agreed to meet up at the usual time so there will be a group out as usual.
Helly

Postby JBrown » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Well lads, Thanks for the cycle this morning. I never cycled that route before, some testing hills alright :o and the scenery was nice. The weather was perfect, couldn't ask for more. Thanks again and i'll see ye next week. :D
JBrown

Postby johnwyse » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:22 pm

well lads anybody doing the chesire home spin from the park inn on sunday.id do it if there was a few going 60k or 100k for ten euro leaving at ten o clock......just putting it out there
johnwyse

Postby emmk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 am

Yea might do.
Depends on the weather
emmk

Postby jim b » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:23 pm

yeah i'll probably go in as well John
jim b

Sunday March 31st

Postby Spins » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 am

Six of us showed up at the TOP garage this Sunday Morning - Me, Michael C, Emmet, Noel, James & Elias. I suspect the Waterford AC Bunny Run had something to do with the low turnout. Twas a cold and grey morning but luckily enough the rain stayed off. Michael was happy to do his own thing and the rest of us headed off for New Ross with the wind in our faces (or so we thought). When we hit New Ross we turned up the hill to the Mullinavat Road. We headed across to Mullinavat with the wind on our backs, which was a welcome addition with the ‘lumpy’ road that was ahead of us. Plenty of suffering on the few hills between New Ross and Mullinavat (for me anyway). When we hit Mullinavat we took the old Dublin Road back to Waterford. If we thought we had the wind in our faces on the way to New Ross, we couldn’t have been more wrong, but now we did. We took turns at the front and struggled back home. Myself and Elias headed out towards Tramore with Emmet to add on a few miles but I had to turn around half way out as my legs just went all of a sudden. I assume the two lads got home okay. Distance c. 78km. Avg Speed c. 25kph. Easter Eggs Consumed that Evening c. 2½.
Spins

Postby Spins » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm on daddy daycare duty all this weekend as Ruth's away so I won't get out on bike Sunday morning. However, if you're planning on heading out, let it be known as sometimes people are more likely to turn up if they know there'll be a crowd :)
Spins

Postby johnwyse » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Is there anyone on the bike in the morning??
johnwyse

Postby daithi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:53 pm

I was planning on trying to make it in the morning, if there are few going.
daithi

Postby hazer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Should make it myself lads,
hazer

PreviousNext

Return to Cycle