Sunday Spins

Re: Sunday Spins

Postby hazer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:16 am

I wont make the spin this morning lads.
hazer

Postby Helly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:48 am

We had a small group for the beginners spin yesterday with just Olive O'B, Rachel and myself. We thought it was a nice day until we got to the Top garage where it was a bit more open and realised that there was quite a strong wind. This wind blew us out to Orchardstown where we then turned into it all the way to Tramore. Rachel had asked for extra hills today :) so we swung into Tramore via Monvoy to add on a few little ones. We headed down to the prom in Tramore as an excuse to stop and eat some of Olive's coffee cake. From there we took the coast road home (a few more nice hills) which was still very windy. It wasn't until we turned left for home on the airport road that we got respite and could relax. Olive's chain fell off at one stage and she clocked 35mph down the hill to catch us up!
Total 22 miles, avg just under 12mph (it was windy!)
Rachel may have cycled back to Tramore to meet up with hubby and kids?
There was no-one home when I got there so I cycled down to Superquin to meet Shane & Hayden who had gone for walk in buggy. Had a hot choc in the coffee shop and then home. I can't really count those extra miles as training as I was cycling way too slow.

(Seamie Doyle asked me to post this re. the longer/faster cycle)
They had 8 cyclists in the end. Seamie, James Roche, James Brown, John Wyse, Michael Foley, Elias, Stefan and Robert Meagher (Comeragh CC, who peeled off the biscuit club peleton to join them early in the spin). They headed for Fiddown bridge & on to Piltown, up and over Templeorum. Tracked back to Mullinavat, Knocktopher and old Dublin road home. Did 45miles in total.
Helly

Postby Rachel » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:47 pm

A huge thanks to Helen & Olive for finding the most amount of hills possible in the 2 hrs of windy cycling. At least the chat made it somewhat easier, thanks ladies, I will bring the cake the next time. Ended up cycling back out the Tramore Road as far Kate Reillys to meet the family the wind was even worse going back out. Even with all the moaning I really enjoyed it see you next week :)
Rachel

Postby ollie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Hills!!! What hills!! Feel a trip out the coast road coming on, lol.. :D
ollie

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Wont make the beginners group tomorrow morning, getting soaked today in Butlerstown today just hasn't helped the cold. Enjoy :)
Rachel

Postby Mac24/7 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Did not get out Sunday so headed out outer ring road through kilmeaden and just past lemybrien came back via kilmeaden by-pass onto ring road out to tramore across to gaultier cross and back in dunmore road .total 102k.funny thing happened on the kilmeaden by-pass,I was pulled over by a Garda who was on a motorcycle.I said to him"Garda I know the wind was behind me but i'm sure I was under the speed limit" he told me it wasn't that but you were tipping along and it was to make sure I took next exit and not get onto the motorway which I had planned on doing.Must have looked funny to passers :lol:
Mac24/7

Postby FamousSeamus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 am

Re Tomorrow Top Garage 9.30am: Thinking New Ross, Inistoige, Thomastown and home. Approx 90km Weather should be ok, possible odd shower.
FamousSeamus

Postby Helly » Wed May 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Small group out for my cycle last Sunday, only 3 of us...but only 2 of us did any work! Myself and Shane on mountian bikes and Hayden on the back of Shane's bike getting a free ride :D

We were staying in campsite in Roundwood Co. Wicklow for the long weekend so cycled over to Glendalough, approx 12k each way. Bit of a head wind all the way there but lovely and sunny so did not mind although it was tough on bikes that weigh about 4 stone and a bag on my back that weighed about 2 stone! Hayden fell asleep on the back of the bike after about 5k.

After a walk around Glendalough and picnic, headed back to campsite which was pretty much all up-hill for cycle home. (With a pub in Roundwood boasting to be the highest pub in Ireland we should have realised we would have to work our way back). Shane couldn't resist jumping onto back wheel of some cyclist and staying with him for a while. A bit demoralising for the poor cyclist!

Great training for such a short cycle, felt like I had cycled the ring of Kerry by the time we got back.
Helly

Postby Mac24/7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Sunday spin from top oil 9.30am open to all members beginners to advanced ,nobody is left behind.If you don't have a race on come along, route and distance on the day.
Mac24/7

Postby Mac24/7 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Six WTC members met at top garage at 9.30am ,route taken was into the wind to kilmeaden,carrick where two turned off for portlaw while other three continued on to Lemybrien and back main road.Sunday spin is for all levels and nobody will be left behind.
Mac24/7

Previous

Return to Cycle