Saturday Cycle - Long Spin

Saturday Cycle - Long Spin

Postby Aerohed » Wed May 14, 2014 3:20 pm

The weather is looking good for the upcoming weekend. Anyone interested in doing a long spin on Saturday morn? One of the routes we have done before when Ironman training.

Waterford - New Ross - Wexford - Enniscorthy - Clonroche - New Ross - Waterford

It's about 80 miles in total. On TT bikes at our own pace, stopping at roundabout outside Wexford and in Clonroche to regroup and refuel, chat etc. Nice and steady!

We can leave a bit earlier if people want?

Shane
Aerohed

Re: Saturday Cycle - Long Spin

Postby Slatts » Wed May 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Wind is forecast to be south westerly, better to head out cork rd and have a tail wind on the way home?

I'd be up for 70 miles (haven't gone longer than 55 yet this year)
Slatts

Postby emmk » Thu May 15, 2014 1:00 pm

I dont mind where or how far count me in
emmk

Postby tomkc » Fri May 16, 2014 5:12 pm

up for that but have to get back by 12ish. was planning to go it alone for a four hour spin but have to go early. was looking at Wexford until I saw the wind but hey we should be looking for wind!!!!!

Is eight too early for ye
tomkc

Postby Aerohed » Fri May 16, 2014 7:06 pm

From speaking to a few I think the general consensus is to go Dungarvan rd direction. Maybe the Mauma. Some of the other guys are stuck for time also so I think a 3hr spin.

I will cycle out to Tramore to meet the lads at Pickardstown and cycle back in to meet everyone else at Crystal at 9.30am as usual. Then take it from there.
Aerohed

Postby Aerohed » Sat May 24, 2014 9:57 am

Sorry for late report on our long sping last week..I'll just squeeze it in before todays's cycle finishes!

I cycled out towards Tramore to meet up with the Tramore gang and we met up with everyone else at Crystal sports centre at 9.30am as usual. Myself, Brian S., Paul Ogle, Emmet, Mike Bowes, Mark Daly, Pio, David Devine, Davin Power, Jacinta, Ger Nolan, David McConnell, David Grace, Vinny Power. (Tom Casey and Brian Sweeney went out a bit earlier at 8am as they were stuck for time)

We made the right choice in going Dungarvan direction as we cycled into a headwind at the start (which would be a nice tail wind on way home later on). We cycled to Kilmeaden as a group and then as a few of us were on TT bikes we split up here and cycled at our own pace to Lemybrien. Most of us re-grouped here and decided to cycle up the Mauma. We had a picnic stop here and then cycled back down the same way and headed back over to Lemybrien and hammered back home as David Devine and Pio had Communions to go to and were not allowed to be late! I cycled back out to Tramore afterwards to add on a few extra miles. I ended up doing 74 miles, avg just over 20mph.
A tough day but I think everyone enjoyed it.
Aerohed

Postby emmk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:03 pm

As some of ye know there is a friendly half on tomorrow.
Splashworld @ 8:00 start swimming at 8:15 and on the bikes just before 9 at Splashworld.
08:50 should be about it.
That could be your starting point if you just want to cycle.
Route out and back to Dungarvan.
Little run after if you fancy
emmk

Return to Cycle