Tuesday Night cycles

Re: Tuesday Night cycles

Postby Helly » Fri May 09, 2014 12:27 pm

I was actually talking to David in Altitiude about 2 weeks ago and discussed the possibility of getting him to put on one of his classes for us for newbies. We did this a few years ago where 15-20 of us attended a workshop one evening in Altitude in Ballybricken which took about 1 1/2 to 2hrs and he showed us everthing we need to know about our bikes. eg. Taking off wheels, Fixing a puncture, taking off/putting on pedals, brakes, gears, headsets, advangtages of 2clippy" pedals etc. Q&A on everything also. Shane still asks for my advice on bike stuff from time to time :D

If we get more than 10 interested he will hold a class. I can check to when he next has an available date/time and we will get some names together to see if we have enough interested.
Keep an eye out on Facebook/Forum for info.
Helly

Postby Slatts » Fri May 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Martin is holding a course on the 17th. Details here:

http://www.focusonfitness.co
Slatts

Postby Helly » Wed May 14, 2014 3:08 pm

We had a small group last night even though no one could use the weather as an excuse. Maybe people decided to retire from their triathlon career after our 1st sea swim last night in Dunmore East :D
Myself, Niamh Cooke, Deirdre Cronin, Neil Griffin, John Good, Helen Doody, Mary Clare Power and Karen Power. There was a bit of a head wind on the way out the road but nothing serious. The chit chat made it easier. Or maybe getting my gears fixed helped to make it easier! We stopped in Tramore for a minute to say goodbye to Mary Clare and Karen (who had cycled in from Tramore to meet us) and then on home. We passed a few other members en route on their TT bikes (going in opposite direction of course!)
Avg about 14mph which is our fastest so far so that's a good sign. If the weather is good again next week we might extend the cycle a bit and come back from Tramore via the coast road towards Dunmore East (turning up by Gaultier Cross). It should only add about an extra 5-6 miles ?
See you all next week.
Helly

Previous

Return to Cycle