Saturday Morning Spin

Re: Saturday Morning Spin

Postby Slatts » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:10 pm

A decent crowd of us headed out this morning. Mike, Emmet, Jim, Oggie & myself cycled in from Tramore to meet Shane, John, Davin, Jacinta, Brian, David & TC at the crystal. We tipped along out the cork rd turning off towards Kill in Kilmeaden coming out on the coast in Bunmahon. Jacinta, John and Davin felt they needed a few hills so headed back towards Tramore and rest of us went in the direction of Stradbally.

Did I mention that Shane, Emmet, Oggie and Mike brought TT bikes? Well they did, so I knew what was coming when they hit the Cork rd on the way home. Not one to let them have all the fun, I caught them off guard and took off on a bit of a solo break away while the rest of them were getting their mickies out for the inevitable mickey waving competition.

I didn't get too far before the Shane & Emmet train passed followed by Mike and young Ogle. The rest of us tipped along until we met in Kilmeaden where some form of keys in the fruit bowl swap happened and the Tramore lads cycled into Town and the Town lads cycled up over Orchardstown!!! :shock:

we did about 54 miles at 19.3 mph on my garmin (I'm sure most of this was the solo breakaway though :D )

Hopefully we'll get a few more coming over the next few weeks so we can split the group into two before there's more TT bikes than road bikes (a motion for the next training meeting no doubt)

Slatts
Slatts

Re: Saturday Morning Spin

Postby Mac24/7 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Is there no end to the talent we have in this club ,can't beat a bit of Mickey waving showboating.Great post"more of same please".
Mac24/7

Previous

Return to Cycle