Sunday Cycle for Beginners, New Members & Slower Cyclists

Sunday Cycle for Beginners, New Members & Slower Cyclists

Postby Spins » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi,
The plan from this Sundays cycle onwards is always to have an experienced member available to head out with any new members. The distance will be 15-20 miles and people can add on more at the end if they wish. The speed will be kept as low as is necessary to enable everyone to complete the distance comfortably. We will meet with everyone else at the TOP garage on the Cork Road at 9.30 and head from there. If there are any Tramore members interested in joining this cycle, we can arrange to meet up with them at the Maxol in Tramore at 10.15ish and they can continue the cycle from there.

The cycle 'leader' will complete the spin with all cyclists. No one will be left on their own.

It would be great to be able to gauge interest in such a cycle so if you are active on the Forum and are considering going on the spin, please leave a note to say so. If you're not on the Forum then sign up and introduce yourself and ask any questions you may have.

Continue to check the Forum each week for up to date info on planned spins, routes, weather, time changes etc.
Spins

Re: Sunday Cycle for Beginners, New Members & Slower Cyclist

Postby hazer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Besides myself and (leader) is there any other new members trying out the short spin, any ideas on the route...
hazer

Postby Spins » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:12 pm

I think we'll do the Orchardstown, Tramore, Waterford route to start off. If people want to add on once back in Waterford they can or if the new members are feeling good by Tramore, we can head on to the Airport Road. We'll see tomorrow.
Spins

Postby Spins » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Helen has kindly volunteered to take the beginners spin this week so meet up at 9.30 at TOP garage and make sure you identify yourself if you want to take this spin to make sure no one is left behind.
Spins

Postby katedunphy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:38 pm

I would be very interested in cycling this Sunday if there is a spin! Cheers,
Kate
katedunphy

Postby Slatts » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:07 pm

katedunphy wrote:I would be very interested in cycling this Sunday if there is a spin! Cheers,
Kate

Hi Kate

Our latest plan for beginners cycles is that the 1st cycle of every month is to be beginners friendly. The lads requested this at the last training meeting in splashworld a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully once we could get everyone out once it might take off anyway.

I'll link this on the facebook page now and see if there's anymore takers for this sunday now as well

Slatts
Slatts

Postby ollie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:19 pm

I might feel inspired.. I tried to pay my membership online but Tri-Ireland doesn't like my card!! :shock:

So I'll try get my membership paid before then..
ollie

Postby tombrown » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:09 pm

hi guys,
you can put my name down for Sunday cycle please, just let me know time and place and i will be there.

regards
Thomas brown
:D
tombrown

Postby Helly » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:29 pm

When I looked back through this post I had to do a double take when I saw my name mentioned only to realise it was posted in March LAST year! Phew! (that's probably the last time I was on my road bike!!)

I won't make any cycle this weekend, still getting over the flu. Hopefully in the next few weeks..looking forward to getting back on the bike again :)
Helly

Return to Mint Triathlon & New Members